1. Birthday suits only!
Yep, you float in your sacred naked! There are a couple reasons for this:
2. Shower before you float
We love to have a partnership in cleanliness. Floaters meet us here with their prefloat shower. The purpose is to get thoroughly clean before entering the tank; physically but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We invite you to consider your prefloat shower as a way to let go and wash away anything that no longer serves before stepping into the tank.
3. Float items
4. Opening and closing your float space
Creating a symbiotic partnership with your float space, will take you deeper into your relationship to your experience. Fostering care and respect for the float environment can be part of the gateway to self and the art of floating. There is a great opportunity to be present to your float session with intention...allow yourself to step into your own universe and surrender
One of our favorite techniques is to consciously "open" and "close" your space. This is a ritual of intentionally opening to your experience and stepping into the sensation of the present moment.
It is creating an environment for exploration that differs from everyday routine. This could be with a thought, an intention on the board, using the intentional salt, a shower routine, etc. At the end of your float it is important to "close" your session by energetically bringing all your pieces back to you, integrating your float bring yourself back by deeply breathing and coming into your present moment with mindfulness. This ritual also clears the energy for the next person sharing the space.
We do this everyday: we open the float studio with our own ritual, clearing the space between floats and closing the medicine space with gratitude at night.
Offering meditative relaxation, chronic pain relief, natural pain management & stress relief, rest, magnesium absorption and overall personal growth through floatation.
Floating's benefits really depend on what you're looking to accomplish, but One Love Float is here to help you get there. Some people float to simply unwind and disconnect from a busy world, while others look for tangible improvements to overall health and specific conditions.
The density of the salt water puts the floater in an environment where about 80% of the gravity we usually feel is no longer affecting the body. We use a large portion of our mental and physical resources counteracting the force of gravity and the relief of this effort leaves our body with a surplus of energy and processing power at its disposal. Without this “gravity tax” our body focuses its energies on resting, recuperating and healing anything that needs attention. The gravity-reduced environment allows our body to decompress, especially throughout the joints and the spinal column. It is the combination of these elements that creates the benefits of floating.
~ excerpt from Dr. Engle’s article Floating - the Ultimate Ally
1. Pain reduction – an increase in the body’s own endorphin production and theta state induction, thereby acting as a natural analgesic as well as assisting one to come off opiate medications with less difficulty.
2.Anxiety reduction – the sensory deprived tank allows for less stimulus to the RAS (reticular activating center – the environmental scanning police), resulting in less cortical neural firing to the areas for fight or flight mode. Overall this lowers the levels of circulating stress hormones (ACTH, cortisol, NE and E), as well as offering one the opportunity to improve self-regulation skills and ultimately, personal empowerment.
3. Decreased blood pressure – through relaxation of the smooth muscles of the cardiovascular system
4. Improved learning – one of the best Nootropic tools available. Consistently demonstrated to increase IQ scores, visual concentration, memory storage and recall.
5. Weight management – the hypothalamic mediation of the metabolic switch resets to optimize metabolism over time
6. Enhanced creativity – likely through left / right hemispheric synchrony and potentially via pineal gland activation.
7. Increased sensory awareness after the session and “out of the tank.” The globally heightened senses can last for some up to days after a session. The RAS (environmental sensory scanner) comes back on line in the midst of residual induction of the theta brainwave state (relaxation and sense of timelessness). They combine uniquely to enhance perceptual abilities, both internally and externally, while maintaining presence and awareness.
8. Lasting sense of peace and well-being – the culmination of all the above mentioned effects, one of the most universally described phenomena by floaters and a summary statement for what many call the “Flow State.”
9. Depression | Anxiety | Chronic fatigue | Panic attacks - From a purely clinical psychiatric perspective, there are literally countless case reports that have successfully used float therapy as a treatment for these aliments.